WHY IMPLEMENT A QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM?
A quality system allows us to establish Trust and Transparency and a high level of Reliability. The implementation of a quality management system is an Assurance on competence and control for the performance of analyses, tests and calibrations.
IN PARTICULAR, WE ARE COMMITTED TO:
- Exercise the same impartiality with respect to all our customers,
- Implement the means required to ensure that confidentiality rules are respected,
- Ensure that suitable training is given to make sure that the employees working on the measurement and calibration processes have required, up-to-date competences,
- Analyze the Risks and Opportunities inherent to each process and activity,
- Define and apply procedures that:
- Ensure the quality of results,
- Respond to non-compliance and complaints,
- Continuously analyze and improve its Measurement Management System and Quality Management System.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS ARE TO:
- Collect information and feedback from customers, which is crucial to improving the system and developing our techniques and methods,
- Meet the requirements of standards concerning the laboratory tests (ISO 17025),
- Continuously improve the effectiveness of its Quality Management and Measurement systems,
- Have a document system in which records can be traced.
« Together with all the Total E&P ASD staff who contribute to the aforementioned activities, I undertake to provide all the means required and to ensure that the provisions in the Quality Handbook are applied. »
Director Total E&P ASD.
THE ISO 17025 STANDARD
ISO 17025 is an international standard for ensuring the competence of testing and calibration laboratories. It is based on the control of uncertainties and the importance of delivering consistent results to satisfy customers.
Total E&P ASD draws on the requirements of the ISO 17025 standard to be applied in the:
- Rock porosity measurement laboratory,
- Water analysis laboratory,
- Logging probes calibration center.
|Total E&P ASD undertakes to take the necessary actions to apply a Quality policy in order to obtain the ISO 17025 Accreditation issued by COFRAC, for its porosity measurement laboratory activity.|
The ISO 17025 Standard guarantees:
The ISO 17025 Standard is internationally recognized thanks to the COFRAC (French Accreditation Committee) partnerships with the EA (European Accreditation) and the ILAC (International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation).
IMPARTIALITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
As part of the laboratory activities, each operational staff signs an individual form engaging his/her responsibility.
The sole customer of the laboratory remains the Total E&P ASD calibration center. The service contract is not conditioned financially to the number of laboratory tests.
For probe characterization services, the customer is autonomous as regards the data acquisition process. Data do not transit via the Total E&P ASD network.
Operational staff (contractors) provide technical assistance but do not manage data. It does not perform any characterization measurements. The operational service agreement is not financially conditioned by the number of operations.
As part of the qualification service, the customer submits the calibration measurements to Total E&P ASD. Data confidentiality is respected by following a secure procedure described in the diagram below.
The quality system of Total E&P ASD is monitored and steered using indicators to evaluate and improve the efficiency of our processes.
Below are details of the four key performance indicators (KPI) that have an impact on the business process.